Saturday, April 30, 2011

30 weeks 5 days - April 30, 2011

To My Darlings Sophie & Stella,

Mommy is still in the hospital at Fletcher Allen. Thursday night, daddy left and went back to Lake Placid to take care of work and the house and keep the puppers occupied for the night. He is planning on coming back to spend the weekend at the hospital with me. Daddy went to birthing class on Thursday by himself and learned all about the day we get to take you home from the hospital and the first days at home. All our birthing class friends sent well wishes hoping that I stayed okay and you girls stay incubating in mommy's tummy. Daddy and I skyped for the first time after he came home from birthing class and he told me all about what he learned. I also got to see the puppers for the first time all week through the video camera, which made mommy very emotional. So, Thursday night was pretty good, you guys were active but content. I woke up pretty early, because the nurses came in at 4am. I couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to turn the TV on and watch the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. It was one of those events that everyone will probably remember and say, “what were you doing when the Prince got married? Did you watch?” So I watched for part of the wedding and then tried to go back to sleep for a while. When I finally woke up, the doctors told me I could walk around and did not have to be on bed rest, which made mommy very happy. It's hard to tell someone who is active that they have to stay in bed all day, except to get up and go to the bathroom. It looked like it was going to be a really nice day out, and I was looking forward to getting some fresh air. The only problem is that I didn't feel great when I got up. My back was bothering me in the same place it did when I went into labor on Monday, which really scares me. Mommy decided to take it easy for the day and stay in her room, mostly in bed. I tried to keep myself comfortable but it seems like you guys had other plans for me and wanted to keep me in pain! I started having contractions and seriously sharp back pains throughout the day. The pains were so bad and the contractions were so close together that they rushed me back up to Labor and Delivery and started monitoring me immediately. I called daddy and told him to leave right away and come over, because the doctor's were concerned that I was going to give birth that night. Daddy rushed over and was followed by Grammy, Aunt Ashley, Aunt Julianna, Uncle Tony, Aunt Ashleah, Uncle Torry, Janer and Poppa. We were all really scared and didn't know what to expect. The contractions finally stopped at about 1:00am and mommy was able to get some sleep.

Today, things have slowed down a bit and the contractions have pretty much suppressed. The doctors gave me some pain medication called NuBain which helped take the edge off my back pain. They also had me get a kidney ultrasound to make sure I don't have any kidney stones. Jacki & Eric Smith came to visit today and brought the cutest little outfits for you two! They are little bodysuits with hot pink tutus attached. I asked Daddy if we could take you home in those and he laughed! I can't wait to see you in them...they are adorable. Jacki also brought mommy her favorite cookies from New Hampshire. When you girls get bigger, I'll take you to New Hampshire and we'll eat lots of shortbread cookies! Mommy also got to take a really nice, long, warm bath up in Labor and Delivery after Jacki & Eric left, which was so nice! Apparently after my bath I will be leaving the beautiful views of Labor and Delivery and going back to my little “apartment” on Shep 5. Daddy, Grammy, Aunt Ashley, Aunt Juli, and Uncle Tony are all still here keeping mommy company. Mommy has also gotten lots of well wishes from everyone at Adworkshop and all around Lake Placid. All mommy and daddy's friends have been sending messages on Facebook and via text messages hoping that you two stay put for a while! Hopefully you both listen to all of them.

Stay put you two!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always recommended! Hope you leave one