Tuesday, April 19, 2011

29 weeks 1 day - April 19, 2011

29 Weeks
Belly Measures: 40.0 inches
Weight: 162.2 lbs

Sophie & Stella,
We've started working on the nursery more and have all the fabrics picked out for the bedroom. Mommy is taking on a large project and making your baby blankets, crib comforters and bumpers, and the mobiles that will hang over your cribs. When we found out we were having two girls, I started looking for some cute nursery themes that weren't too "themey" but was unable to find anything that I liked. I started researching some sewing projects to see if I could find some simple patterns to custom make your bedding, etc. and came across some really cute and easy patterns for making a Crib Quilt, Crib Bumpers, and Baby Blanket with Satin Trim. Aunt Ashley, Aunt Juli, and mommy decided to go to a fabric shop in Burlington called "Rags to Riches" and start looking for some pretty fabrics to use. Mommy decided that she really wants to use a Houndstooth pattern because it is chic and not used enough. Houndstooth can be extremely busy, so we had to find a lot of other fabrics to incorporate into the nursery with it. We decided that instead of a traditional baby pink, we'd go with something a little more bold and settled on a bright, raspberry pink. Then we found some cream fabrics, a beautiful houndstooth, and a really pretty floral pattern that matches the cream and raspberry pink. I can't wait to start putting the pieces together and get the crib bedding done.
Houndstooth & cream fabrics
Raspberry Pink and Pretty Floral
Mommy has started making the baby blankets and got some really soft, fuzzy white fabric to go with the houndstooth and some hot pink satin trim. I've got the pieces cut right now and just need to start sewing them together. I'm so excited to see what they look like finished!
Ribbon Mobile

I've also finished two of the three mobiles and am halfway through the third mobile. I found an idea online for the mobiles that uses ribbon and an embroidery hoop. I ended up using copper hoops I found at Creative Habitat and bought yards and yards of fun ribbons in all different patterns and colors from Joann Fabrics and then hot glued the ribbons onto the copper hoops. The mobiles are turning out really cute and I can't wait to get the cribs set up so we can hang the mobiles and see what everything looks like!

Little Ducati Socks from Aunt Annie
In other news, your lovely godfather, Tobin and his wife Annie sent you girls a present this week. Annie saw a little girl wearing Ducati socks down in New York and just had to get them for you girls. She knows how much you need to be decked out in some motorcycle gear! I can't wait to put these socks on you when you arrive. Now, we just need to find little moto track suits or some really cute Subaru baby clothes so that daddy can show you both off!

Today you two have been kicking quite a bit and mommy had her first weird "baby dream" last night. I dreamt that you both started pushing on mommy's tummy so hard that I could see the outline of your faces, and then all of a sudden I could see your blue eyes looking back at me. Then out of nowhere, daddy and I pulled you out of my tummy (still attached though) so that we could hold you and see what you look like. The funny thing was that your backsides were not fully developed yet and there were still places where you did not have any skin. It wasn't gross at all in my dream, even though it sounds kind of gross. It was more like you both weren't really ready to come out, and the fact that your bottoms were still "growing" made it very obvious that you still have a lot of developing to do inside mommy's tummy. I hope you both continue to stay in and incubate over the next few weeks. As much as I want you in this world so that we can meet you, we want you to stay inside my belly as long as needed so that you both come out healthy and are able to come home with us instead of staying in a NICU at Fletcher Allen.

Can't wait to meet you girls. I love you so much!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always recommended! Hope you leave one