Tuesday, May 31, 2011

35 weeks 1 day - May 31, 2011 "Prego Side Effects..."

Girls,
Your mommy is starting to get antsy about your arrival. Mommy had another appointment today in Burlington and Grandma Leanne came with me because Daddy had to work. The appointment went well and you both cooperated so well for our NST and the BPP. Mommy and Grandma indulged in my favorite "pregnancy lunch" in Burlington at Al's Frys and then had to go back to the hospital for an appointment with Dr. Young. I told Dr. Young that I think you girls will be coming this week and he says he hopes we can make it one more week. I don't know...I think you're coming this week. In fact, the two days that I picked for you to arrive are tomorrow, June 1 or Friday, June 3 so we'll see. I've just got a 6th sense that you girls won't be waiting much longer. Frankly, I can't wait to meet you. I'm getting to be pretty heavy and it is making it hard for me to get around at this point, so I'm excited about losing the extra weight and meeting my babies!

It's been a long and interesting weekend leading up to today. We had a long weekend because it was Memorial Day, and Aunt Ashley and Uncle Dawson decided to throw a BBQ last night which was a lot of fun but slightly tolling on my body. See, there are many things that you hear about during pregnancy...side effects and such. My pregnancy has been very smooth and I've been lucky enough to not have a lot of negative "pregnancy side effects." People always ask me if my back hurts or if my feet have swollen, etc and I have been able to say no through this whole pregnancy...that is until now.

In the past few weeks, I've put on almost 15-20 lbs. This week alone I've put on close to 10 lbs and I think it's all water weight. My legs and feet are completely swollen and I can feel the skin starting to stretch. The doctors say it's Pitting Edema and at this point there is no cause for concern, but I haven't seen my ankles in over 2 weeks and my feet are so swollen, my big gardening Crocs won't even fit! Pregnancy is starting to take a toll and it definitely has its embarrassing and funny moments, too. The other day, Aunt Juli and I were working at Daddy's shop trying to get a few things finished when all of a sudden I stood up out of my chair and just started peeing everywhere! I couldn't believe it...I had no warning and didn't even realize I had to go, but the moment I stood up, it was running down my leg. I didn't dare say anything in front of Daddy and Jonathan, so I just told Aunt Juli that we have to go to the house NOW! When we got outside I told her I peed my pants and she started laughing. It was quite funny after it was over.

I'm so excited to see when you girls will be joining us and completing our little family and I'm definitely ready to start losing this weight and getting back to "me" again. Hopefully we get to meet soon!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always recommended! Hope you leave one